Day 04 & 06 At Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom
Walt Disney…I think despite everything Walt had imagined, hoped and ambitiously conceptualized, I don’t think he would have imagined how iconic one (1) single theme park could have become. The opening of every Disney movie- [the castle at] Magic Kingdom. Through every tour, we were told that Epcot was Walt’s baby. Magic Kingdom comes with a higher factor for branding. With the amount of things to do and experience at Magic Kingdom, it was unarguably a two (2) day deal. We did our best to mix character meet and greets with dining, but some of the lines become longer waits than the rides. If you have the opportunity to make Magic Kingdom multiple days (Disney’s Park Hopper Passes), it would be IDEAL to split your days into two of the ‘lands’ each day. This gives you ample time to explore each part of the lands from start to finish without rushing around. There truly is a lot to cover in Fantasyland and Tomorrowland alone. I can promise you one (1) day visits will stretch you thin and you will have to thoroughly plan your day with Fast Passes, eating, prioritizing your favorite characters and making sure you don’t miss your favorite parade and fireworks show. If you’ve been to MK before than this probably won’t be much of an issue. Not much changes from year to year, so you can bare the wait on all the new rage + visit your favorites before the lights illuminate over the most magical place on Earth.
So you walk into Magic Kingdom and immediately your faced with tons of photographers to take that “Hey I’m here. Let me get this out of the way” family photo. Main Street USA is about that old world, ragtime era experience. Here you can do all your shopping and head into Town Square to meet who else than the Mayor of Disney, MICKEY! This Mickey is unlike ANY Mickey you’ve met anywhere else in Disney. This Mickey actually talks! Mickey not only talks to you in a personal manner, but he also speaks multiple languages! It’s sooooo cool! As you progress down Main Street, you have Cinderellas Castle smack dab right in front of you. So all the excitement of Main Street creates this build up of anticipation amidst the noise and excitement Main Street processes, it’s not really a place you’ll spend much time aside from the parades, shopping, snacking and watching the fireworks. Once you cross the bridge and enter the round-about your immediately faced with your options; Do you head right into Tomorrowland? Walk right through the castle into Fantasyland? Or head left into Liberty Square, Adventureland and Frontierland. The options are endless. Depending on the age of your family, some lands may be more appealing than others. If you’ve got smaller children, Adventureland and Frontierland might not be your ideal location to explore immediately. You’ll probably find yourself trekking around Fantasyland and Tomorrowland most of your visit. This is great if you’re there for multiple days because you let the kids have there time and the next day you get yours mom and dad. Don’t worry though, I promise you there will be something everywhere for them to do, but all the excitement is in Fantasyland and Tomorrowland. We did our best to explore everything, but unfortunately due to my daughters height and Disney’s restrictions on certain rides, we had to enjoy the popular rides in the more mature areas of MK from a distance. We did miss out on some of the more popular attractions, but instead of riding Splash Mountain we got to see Woody and Jessie from Toy Story. Nobody should feel left out in any corner of the park and Disney made sure they covered that all while alluring mom, dad, your brother, sister or even that annoying neighbor who followed you all the way down to Disney! I’m only kidding. He’s really not that annoying. I bet he’ll buy you an ice cream from Edy’s Ice Cream Parlor while your sitting in the sun, waiting for the daytime parade 😉 . If I could share my thoughts in five (5) short bits. I would tell you this;
Main Street USA
– Interactive Mickey Mouse
– Amazing Family Photo opportunities
– Edy’s Ice Cream Parlor. Mmmmmmm
– Vintage style dining; Casey’s Corner for dogs for old-time baseball fans and the Crystal Palace where you’ll eat Top 3 best buffet food Disney has to offer
– Shopping! Everything you missed all throughout the park and even in some of the other parks.
– Turkey Legs!! (my boyfriend made me do it)
– Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger ride
– Classic Space Mountain
– The Astro Ourbiter, a spaceship ride HIGH ABOVE all of Tomorrowland.
– Stitch’s Great Escape…that crazy Stitch. Go get into trouble with him
– Classic Disney with Dumbo the Flying Elephant
– Princess Fairytale Hall; Meet Cinderella, Elsa, Anna & Rapunzel
– Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
– The experience of the Beast’s Castle at Be Our Guest. Grab the gray stuff meet the Beast before you leave. While here, go next door and meet Belle while she takes you through the story of Beauty & The Beast.
– If your girl child meets the requirements, than check out the prices of the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
*Custom stitched Mickey Caps under Pete’s Big Top (Honorable Mention)
*Classic “It’s A Small World” (Honorable Mention)
*Classic Mad Tea Party!! Get on the legendary spinning tea cups! (Honorable Mention)
– Liberty Tree Tavern for a true homey, classic family style meal with all you can eat turkey, carved beef, mashed potatoes and more! It’s a treat to step away from the extravagance of MK and just humble yourself with a homey meal.
– The Riverboat. Hope on this awesome steam-powered boat and feel like your in the 1860’s for 15 mins.
– The Haunted Mansion
– Meet Tiana and Prince Naveen and meet one of the most absolute nicest characters in Disney’s cast
– The animatronic technology at the Hall Of Presidents
– Fly high over an Arabian night on Aladdin’s Magic Carpet Ride
– Pirates of the Caribbean
– IF your child meets the requirements, The Pirates League is quite the experience
– Tasty Pineapple Dole whip treat at Aloha Isle
– Classic Swiss Family Robinsons Treehouse
– The thrilling Thunder Mountain Railroad
– Cool off on Splash Mountain
– Out of this world waffle frie dishes at the Golden Oak Outpost! Nom nom nom
– Take a load off and enjoy a free train ride back to the beginning of the park while taking in the sites
– Meet a truly interactive and fun Woody and Jessie
Last Minute Tips:
Want to take an amazing one of souvenir to take home for your kids? While everyone is grabbing their seats around the parade trail, pop corn stands all throughout the park and starting to sell a Coach Popcorn Bucket. It’s Cinderella’s coach stuffed with loads of popcorn! For $15 you can grab one if your lucky, they have limited quantities and sell out fast.
Too tired to carry your gifts around? If you’re staying in a Disney Resort, bet you didn’t know that the cast members can offer your buys a free trip back to your resort 😉 You just have to have pick it up at the concierge’s desk. Or tip room service and they’ll bring it to you.
Stop by the post office and send out a FREE POST CARD to family back home!
Missed the first set of fireworks or parade? Don’t worry….they’ll be back. There’s actually two back to back shows at night. So enjoy the thrill of the night on the rides if you don’t have little ones. Catch the last show of the night-
Don’t be afraid to ask cast members for their secrets around the park. You’d be surprised what they’ll teach you. We know where you can hang with the characters if your lucky and watch the fireworks together.
I hope I’m able to brighten your trip with a couple of my Magical Mickey tips. I can’t wait until the next time when my family and I can utilize these tips a little more and make even more magic happen! Hope you enjoy your vacations!
Make sure to catch up on all our latest Walt Disney Wednesday posts: