Many people know that after having a baby it’s hard to get the weight off– this of course doesn’t apply to famous people. I was 110lbs before Ziana and during my pregnancy I had gained about 28lbs equaling to 138lbs. Now after 8 months I’m at 120lbs.
I like the weight I’m at I have hips and ass which is great, however, my stomach is where the problem area lies. I’m not grotesque or anything but the flat tummy I once had has gone MIA for a bit.
So to get back to my fabulous self I have gone on somewhat of a diet. I’ve combined two diets the Special-K challenge and the no-whites diet. I’ve done great in eating somewhat healthier, but with minimal change.
The Special-K diet is replacing two meals with a bowl of Special-K cereal and for those who want to go that extra mile you can substitute three meals with it. I have maybe a bowl a day and one meal. Maybe that’s why it’s not working? Haha.
Then I’ve included the no-whites diet which excludes potatoes, white rice, white chocolate, white bread anything white! I’ve bought everything whole wheat and bought brown rice. I had tried brown rice before and it was disgusting! But I had to stick to the no-whites diet. I googled brown rice recipes and found a bunch of great ones! So what I did was mix and matched a bunch of recipes together and made my own 🙂
For the video click the photo below:
This is how I make my brown rice.
•sesame seed oil
– For every cup of rice I use I add two cups of chicken broth, you can use fat-free chicken broth, vegetable broth or water.
– I sit the rice in water for up to an hour or two before cooking.
– Heat the pan, add some butter, little oil and break some spaghetti into the pan. Let the spaghetti brown a bit.
– Add the rice
– Add the two cups of chicken broth.
-Add everything else– onions, salt/pepper, sesame seed oil and curry powder.
– Tightly put a lid on for 35 minutes without opening it on medium/low heat!
– Once you see that the rice has absorbed all the chicken broth take off the lid and make sure there’s no broth left.
– Turn off the flame and let it sit for 10-15 mins before serving.
Now for the salmon here’s what you’ll need:
•garlic cloves not powder
•red pepper (just a little)
•olive oil or extra virgin olive oil which I use
The day before making salmon prepare the salmon and marinate
-Liquify garlic cloves (depending how much garlic you like, I use about 5) and oil in the blender
-Spread it all over the salmon along with salt and pepper
– Refrigerate over night
The day of making the salmon:
-Fry Salmon until both sides are brown
-Take them out once brown and place on a baking dish
-Squeeze an orange and lemon all over
-Put parsley, red peppers and onions all on top of salmon
-Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes
VOILA! Dinner is served.