*Free services were given to me in return for my opinion and review on Backstage. No further compensation was given and all opinions are my own*
I just recently got Ziana into the showbiz lifestyle, because why not? I grew up wanting to be in showbiz too, but was faced with many challenges– from scams to not knowing what to look for and so on. Ziana is special, she has something in her that made me think this industry might be for her. Sure, which parent doesn’t think that? I took the plunge and signed up with Backstage, which is one of the most trusted sites for acting/modeling castings. After just 3-4 weeks to being signed up to Backstage, Z got her first gig! So, I’ll give you some pointers in why you should join Backstage too!
1. You can create a personalized talent profile for your child. Log on to Backstage.com and create your child’s talent profile showing off his/her credits, skills, training, photos, videos, and audio clips. Let casting directors, agents, and the rest of the industry know your child’s talent by adding it to his or her profile.
By having a Backstage profile, you’re allowing your child to be discovered within Backstage’s Talent Database (which is searched millions of times every year) by casting directors, directors, and others who can hire your young performer and launch his or her career. And if you’re still weary about having your child all out there in the public, fear not! Privacy options let you decide whether or not the profile is able to be seen by everyone, or you can choose to share it with the projects to which you apply.
2. You can apply to countless acting jobs (and get casting notices sent directly to you). Backstage posts over 30,000 casting calls each year spanning over 100,000 roles. And it’s easy to find the roles your child might be right for by using their customized search. Punch in the age range, location, and the production type you’re looking for, and watch the casting calls appear. Save these specifications and you’ll get emails automatically sent to you when casting calls that match your criteria are added to our database!
3. You can communicate with casting directors and filmmakers with our easy-to-use messaging system. Schedule auditions, address any question you or an industry professional might have, and book the job with our dedicated messaging system. But always communicate on behalf of your child; minors should not be put in direct communication with the content creators without parental supervision.
4. You’ll have the support of our casting specialists and customer support team. You’re not alone! You build your child’s talent profile and apply to the myriad of casting calls on your own, but there’s always someone to help when you need a hand. Our casting specialists monitor the casting notices for potential scams and missing information, while our customer support team is available if you to find a suspicious casting call or have a bad experience. The Backstage team is always here to improve your experience and remove scams from the website.
5. You can read the excellent advice from industry professionals. The Backstage Expert community is a group of industry professionals including acting coaches, teachers, casting directors, agents, and more, who offer up their very best advice based on years of experience. Bookmark some of our most popular articles for parents such as “5 Ways to Tell If Your Child Is a Natural Actor,” explore the “kids” tag, and watch our Set the Scene videos on YouTube for even more advice for your youngster.
6. You’ll gain access to a database of monologues. Backstage’s monologue database, the Monologuer, will become an audition must-have before you know it. Set your specifications at the top including genre, age range, and gender, and you’ll be presented with a number of options that your child can start working on today.
7. You’ll have access to Backstage’s unlimited listings of agents, managers, and more. Backstage’s online Call Sheet will give you contact info for managers and agents who represent children, as well as acting schools and coaches for kids, and more. An imperative tool for parents of child actors!
Unlike other sites that I was once registered to, they didn’t have half of these services that Backstage provides to their users. When Z got the casting I was weary because it was our first time with Backstage and I had emailed someone on their team who verified that it was a real shoot. We went last week and Z says she wants to go back to “work!”
Will you be joining?
5 Safety Tips for a Child StarJul 27, 2016 at 12:39 am
[…] few weeks ago I spoke to you guys regarding the reasons you might want to join Backstage if you have a child you want to get into acting/modeling. It’s a great post about why I […]