As you may know from previous movie reviews I love freaky-demonic-bloodshed films and the new film “As Above, So Below, which follows a team of explorers who venture into the catacombs that lie beneath the streets of Paris, where they uncover the dark secret that lies within this city of the dead, seems creepy as HELL!
Check out the trailer if you haven’t so far-
Written by and directed by, the psychological thriller is produced by Thomas Tull, Jon Jashni, Drew Dowdle and Patrick Aiello. Alex Hedlund serves as the executive producer.
These catacombs have a lot of history and in case you are not familiar with them, below are 5 interesting facts about one of the biggest tourist attractions in the city. Make sure to red them before seeing the movie which comes out August 29th!
1. Beneath the streets of Paris, there are six million Parisian remains located in 3000 kilometers of Catacomb housing.
2. In the 18th century, the caverns were a major tourist attraction, opened to public in 1867 and became popular with all tourists.
3. The Catacombs first came to existence in the Middle East around 6,000 years ago.
4. The Paris Catacombs are the most known but there are catacombs located throughout Italy.
5. The catacombs were not originally in Paris. They were first in the city and then renovated in Paris due to the ineffective handling of burials.
Also make sure to enter for the giveaway!! I’ll be giving away three of these shirts–